Restaurant Line-up Announced for Taste of Highland Park
It’s a celebration of the senses in downtown Highland Park the weekend of August 24, 2012! This festive weekend includes the world-class Port Clinton Art Festival and the 6th annual Taste of Highland Park which opens on Friday, August 24 at 5:00 PM. The Taste features food and libations from many of Highland Park’s most notable restaurants. Guests of the Taste will enjoy great food, live music and incredible art once the Port Clinton Art Festival opens on Saturday, August 25 at 10:00 AM.
For the foodie festival-goer, the Taste will feature these signature dishes and spirits from the following restaurants:
- Abigail’s American Bistro will serve Beer and Wine along with its specialty Cocktails and Desserts.
- Bluegrass will feature its delectable Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya, Smoked Corned Beef Brisket and the unique Bluegrass Hurricane.
- Cafe Central will offer its famous Panini Sandwich, as well as Chilled Gazpacho.
- City Park Grill will have BBQ Skirt Steak, Pulled BBQ Chicken, Chipotle Chicken Wings and Chicken Tenders accompanied by Beer, Wine and Soda.
- Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins will be serving Donuts, Muffins and Munchkins, as well as Ice Cream, Fruit Blasts, Iced Cappy Blasts, Shakes, Coffee, Orange Juice and Soda.
- Frost Gelato will keep you cool with creamy Gelato and Sorbet along with Root Beer Floats.
- Fuddruckers will offer delicious Dogzillas, Tricked Out Nachos, Fudd Burgers, Napa Valley Salad and Rice Crispy Treat.
- Highland Pop will feature nut free and gluten free Gourmet Popcorn and Soda.
- Jade China Bistro will serve up Veggie Fried Rice and Veggie Lo Mein accompanied by crispy Egg Rolls, Crab Rangoon and Pot Stickers.
- Jamba Juice will have a selection of blended beverages, including Strawberries Whirl, Razzmatazz, Mango-A-Go-Go and Caribbean Passion.
- New York Slices will feature a choice of cheese, pepperoni or sausage Pizza Slices and a variety of Italian Ice, along with Vintage Soda Bottles and Root Beer Floats.
- Phoenicia Restaurant will offer Mediterranean favorites, including Gyros, Chicken Pita, Shish Kabob, Bratwurst and Falafel Sandwiches along with the Lemon Shake Up, Beer and Wine.
- Piero’s Pizza, will have a variety of Thin and Deep Dish Pizza Slices, Beef Sandwiches and iced cold Soda.
- Real Urban BBQ will a prepare a selection of southern favorites including Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Pulled Chicken Sandwiches, Baked Beans, Mac N’ Cheese along with refreshing Lemonade, Iced Tea and Soda.
- Stash’s Grill will feature Jumbo Vienna Hot Dogs, Angus Sliders and BBQ Char Salami along with Fries, a variety of Crepes and Soda.
- Sunset Foods will serve Fish Tacos with Chips, Guacamole and Salsa, as well as a Mediterranean Box with Pita Chips, Smoked Baby Back Ribs and Cole Slaw, along with refreshing Pomegranate Ginger Lemonade and Soda.
- Sushi Badaya will offer fresh sushi, including California, Shrimp Tempura and Crunch Rolls, along with delicious main dishes of Chicken Teriyaki with Rice, Yakiniku (Beef) Teriyaki with Rice, and cool Ramune (Japanese Soda), Lemonade and Soda.
- Sushi Kushi Too will prepare Veggie Egg Rolls, Fried Shumai, Edamame, Sushi Rolls, Chicken and Beef Teriyaki, Fried Rice, Yaki Soba and Japanese Sausage along with Japanese Beer and Soda.
- Tamales...A Mexican Joint will serve its festive Chicken Tamales, Pumpkin Tamales and Paella, as well as ice cold Jarritos, Corona and Corona Lite, Sangria, Margaritas and Tequila Shots.
In addition to the great food and incredible art, the Taste of Highland Park and the Port Clinton Art Festival welcome a stellar line-up of bands and musicians who perform on the Main Stage throughout the weekend. Fun art activities for kids and interactive art demos add to this festive weekend in Highland Park!
The Taste opens Friday, August 24 from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM. The festivities continue from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM on Saturday, August 25 and from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Sunday, August 26 with the Port Clinton Art Festival and Taste of Highland Park filling the streets of downtown with incredible art, live music, great food and more!
Parking and admission to the Taste of Highland Park and Port Clinton Art Festival is FREE!!!
For more information about Taste of Highland Park or the Port Clinton Art Festival, please