HIGHLAND PARK ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN

This Blog is in regards to the Assault Weapons Ban Passed by H.P. Mayor Rotering and most of the City Council. There are Constitutional Rights that are being violated by this ordinance and the State of Illinois has Pre-emption over Handgun Laws. Flag as Inappropriate

Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors. What's on your mind? What's on your mind? Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell something
Posts awaiting your approval 0
Running55 June 17, 2014 at 09:35 pm
Looks like highland park residents are happy and sleeping well at night with their elected officialsRead More and the gun ban!
Running55 June 18, 2014 at 06:44 am
I don't think most people have a problem with guns in a house. That's where minimal harm can beRead More caused to non family members of individuals who don't properly secure their weapons. The issue is when plumbers who aren't stable start carrying weapons into towns where they don't reside. That's a recipe for trouble and i understand why a town would like to restrict that.
IllinoisLibertarian June 21, 2014 at 06:59 am
I have shot this in a non-pistol grip 28 inch barrel configuration and it is a great shotgun. TheRead More recoil was almost non-existent compared to other pump shotguns.
Running55 June 12, 2014 at 04:44 pm
No I just love villages that put children before gun nuts. It's not like you can't have any gun,Read More just newer extreme guns.
Running55 June 12, 2014 at 11:34 pm
Not in HP!
Running55 June 13, 2014 at 06:44 am
Oh dan your comments are disappearing again
Dan Cox June 11, 2014 at 08:51 pm
The father took action and saved lives by putting the criminals on their heels and their backs.
Running55 July 6, 2014 at 02:43 pm
Crickets..
Dan Cox May 21, 2014 at 07:33 pm
How many Pot-Holes can you fix for $90,000.00, or how much snow could have been removed from theRead More Downtown this last winter? The cost of this Lawsuit, is simply wasted money, serving no purpose and accomplishing nothing. The Mayor and City Council should Repeal the AWB Ordinance and thereby end this waste of Taxpayer funds. The Plaintiff's Attorney's fees and mounting Court costs are compounding on a daily basis and will get to be astronomical by the time this Case is heard at the U.S. Supreme Court. How many years of Pro-Bono work do you think the law firm working for H.P. will give, before pulling the plug and leaving the City of H.P. to fend for itself? It is time, time for some "Common Sense" to be employed... time to pressure Mayor Nancy Rotering and the City Council to REPEAL the AWB Ordinance.
Dan Cox January 4, 2014 at 04:35 pm
I am a Constitution loving American and I will not be a member of the complacent populace as long asRead More I can draw a breath. My heroes of WW2 would have gone to Highland Park and not left until the Police arrested them for defending their Constitutional Rights. The residents of Highland Park have tried to establish a precedent, that must not stand.
George A Steffens January 4, 2014 at 09:37 pm
They ban a firearm that is in very common use. They seem to think that will give them some sort ofRead More special force field of protection, which is completely ignorant and false. I don't have much use for CRook County or Chicago in general, and try to avoid it as much as humanly possible.
doug julin January 6, 2014 at 01:28 pm
Going up nine comments here I see gun companies being called "special interests". How areRead More gun companies interests any different than refrigerator companies interests? I want my food cold and my wife protected. If you do not want those things then don't buy them but keep your self out of my and my wife's lives. Why is it that liberals must tell everyone else how to live? I also note a classic liberal reflex , name calling. If one does not agree with a liberal one must be by definition stupid, a neanderthal or just too uncool to not be in tune with the liberal zeitgeist. When I was young I called myself a liberal. I became disturbed when I saw them putting on their brown shirts.
Thomas Chamberlin December 26, 2013 at 01:14 pm
I think it rather obvious that this HP "assault" weapons ban was orchestrated by SenatorRead More Feinstein, Senator Schumer, Mayor Bloomberg and President Obama as part of a long planed national response to the Sandy Hoax MSM PsY-OP event; Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis or in modern parlance - Problem, Reaction, Solution...Create the "problem" (real or synthetic), engineer a phony “public” response via the controlled MSM and then roll out the prepackaged "solution". Too bad for the Totalitarian/Fascist clique in Washington that the alternative media exposed this apparent fraud and thereby defeated the gun grab “solution”; imagine how much better off America and the world would be today if they had done the same for 9/11.
Dan Cox December 26, 2013 at 04:29 pm
Note: I do not know Thomas Chamberlin, do not agree with his views or ideas.
Andrew Green December 28, 2013 at 05:14 am
To me, the FAA is a well regulated authority, probably no one would criticize its need and wideRead More scope although we all have the right to keep and fly an airplane. The words "well regulated" are specifically mentioned in the 2nd Amendment for a reason. Does anyone have the "right" to keep and fly an airplane without "well regulation"?
Dan Cox December 20, 2013 at 03:00 pm
WW, people like you, who want to destroy the Second Amendment voted for that Liberal ProgressiveRead More Julie Morrison, Scott Drury and Schneider... our courts will correct (strike down) their ill conceived laws as Unconstitutional.
Walter White December 20, 2013 at 03:01 pm
We'll see.
Dan Cox December 20, 2013 at 03:50 pm
Well, we have interesting developments... Transfered to the 2nd District Federal Circuit Court andRead More case is being handled by an attorney for Highland Park named Mr.Elrod. It is my opinion that this whole fiasco is being played and paid from NYC and John Hopkins University. The Bloomberg money and influence is in full play and it will be interesting to see the fight! The good Constitution vs. The evil of a Billionaire from NYC. Highland Park has really sunk to a new low... it is time to go see the Veterans of the area and ask them how they like having a NYC Billionaire influencing their Mayor and City Council.
Dan Cox December 12, 2013 at 04:07 pm
Doug, do you realy want to go there? Highland Park used to be a place that had an American flagRead More hanging from almost every home in the town. There was a few guns in every one of those homes too. The men hunted and went off to War, when Uncle Sam called. Today when I drive through H.P., only the Veterans are flying the flag. What happened to the city that produced men so brave and proud to be Americans? TheWW1 War Memorial has almost 200 mens names on it, some of which served with my Grand Father in the 1st Infantry Division, !st Machinegun Bn. These were men, men who were strong, proud and couragious, they came from the land of the free and home of the brave. Did they give up all of their tomarrows for you to be a coward and oppressed today? The French believed like you, so we saved their unarmed ass's not once but twice from the Germans. Six Million Jews were killed as well, before some of our soldiers with guns came to save the rest. Yet, you want to be like the French, unarmed and defenseless...hoping somebody will save you. Six Million Jews died, hoping somebody would save them! Yet, you still want to be like a lamb, believing there are no wolves that will eat them. Did the Police save the 5 women at the Tinley Park Lane Bryant store after one of them called 911 ? Did they save the 7 People killed in the Palatine Browns Chicken ?
Lou December 14, 2013 at 10:30 am
Beautiful 16 year old girl accidentally shot and killed in her home.Read More http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/09/teen-hero-16-fatally-shot_n_4415549.html
Dan Cox December 14, 2013 at 01:12 pm
Lou, Fox Lake, Illiinois, Beautiful and inteligent 13 year old girl viciously stabbed to death byRead More Home invader that wanted to steal the cables for the video game console that he had stolen the day before. She was stabbed over 25 times in the attack and was found by her family, laying in a pool of blood in the living room. The Home invader / Attacker was a neighbor. We can do this all week long Lou...the victims of criminals and idiots are endless.