Invite a friend
Author Joshua Foer Makes Special Stop at Highland Park Library
Author Joshua Foer discusses his bestselling book, Moonwalking With Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything.
Foer explores the ways in which our brains are wired to remember, or forget the array of information and experiences that make up life and tells the story of how he became the United States Memory Champion. He discovered that we can all dramatically improve our memories and will discuss memory improving techniques. Books will be for sale and the event will conclude with a book signing.
More About Highland Park Public Library
The Highland Park Public Library's mission is "to provide the highest quality library services to community members for life-long learning, cultural enrichment, and enjoyment." Including books, books on tape, magazines, newspapers and music, there are more than 200,000 materials available in the library.
Each Highland Park resident may apply for a Highland Park Public library card. This card may also be used at other local libraries through a reciprocal lending program. The library offers e-mail notification when materials are due, as well as for materials that have been requested or put on hold. The ability to renew online is also available to all library users.
Highland Park Public Library offers a wide range of classes and special events for every member of the community. Among a range of special programs, it offers summer reading programs for youths and adults, story times for tots, computer instruction, book club kits, and book recommendations from the librarians.
Options change throughout the year. Check the library's website for valuable information.
Other events here
- FREE Mentoring for Small Businesses and Start Ups April 25, 2013 / May 9, 2013 / May 23, 2013 / June 13, 2013 / June 27, 2013, 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Meet the Author: Jennifer Dotson, Clever Gretel Today, May 23, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Chicago Crime Writer Discusses Thriller Tue, May 28, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- John Finney's War - Civil War Letter Reading Sat, Jun 1, 3:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Social Media Marketing for Small Business Thu, Jun 6, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Career Counseling Wed, Jun 12, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Real World Retirement Planning Thu, Jun 20, 7:30 pm–8:45 pm
- Career Counseling Wed, Jul 10, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Money Matters: Budgeting Thu, Jul 18, 7:30 pm–8:45 pm