Invite a friend
iRead @ the Library
Highland Park Public Library & 112 Education Foundation
What better place to kick-off the iRead program than the Youth Services Department with over 60,000 books to choose from? Our staff will be happy to help you choose books or you can just browse on your own. Other staff will be available for library card sign up.
District 112 teachers will be here to greet you and to read selections from some of their favorite books.
|Where||Highland Park Public Library 494 Laurel Ave, Highland Park, IL 60035|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||9:00 am–1:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone, Kids, Families|
More About Highland Park Public Library
The Highland Park Public Library's mission is "to provide the highest quality library services to community members for life-long learning, cultural enrichment, and enjoyment." Including books, books on tape, magazines, newspapers and music, there are more than 200,000 materials available in the library.
Each Highland Park resident may apply for a Highland Park Public library card. This card may also be used at other local libraries through a reciprocal lending program. The library offers e-mail notification when materials are due, as well as for materials that have been requested or put on hold. The ability to renew online is also available to all library users.
Highland Park Public Library offers a wide range of classes and special events for every member of the community. Among a range of special programs, it offers summer reading programs for youths and adults, story times for tots, computer instruction, book club kits, and book recommendations from the librarians.
Options change throughout the year. Check the library's website for valuable information.
Other events here
- Chicago Crime Writer Discusses Thriller Tue, May 28, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- John Finney's War - Civil War Letter Reading Sat, Jun 1, 3:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Social Media Marketing for Small Business Thu, Jun 6, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Career Counseling Wed, Jun 12, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- FREE Mentoring for Small Businesses and Start Ups April 25, 2013 / May 9, 2013 / May 23, 2013 / June 13, 2013 / June 27, 2013, 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Real World Retirement Planning Thu, Jun 20, 7:30 pm–8:45 pm
- Career Counseling Wed, Jul 10, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Money Matters: Budgeting Thu, Jul 18, 7:30 pm–8:45 pm