The Healthcare Foundation of Highland Park proudly announces its 2013 grant recipients, with 42 awards totaling over $6 million, including its most recent award of $4 million to NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) Highland Park Hospital.
“We are honored to fund these deserving programs, all of which support improvements to the health and well-being of those within in the communities served by NorthShore Highland Park Hospital and beyond,” said Jim Styer, Chairman of the Healthcare Foundation of Highland Park.
• A $40,000 award to Anixter Center Adult Community Transition Program
• A $15,000 award to Aspirtech NFP (Autism and Asperger's)
• A $60,000 award to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Lake County
• A $10,000 award to Cancer Wellness Center
• A $5,000 award to The Center for Ethics and Advocacy in Healthcare
• A $50,000 award to Chicago Lighthouse for the Blind
• A $15,000 award to Cradle Foundation
• A $15,000 award to Epilepsy Service for Northeastern Illinois
• A $30,000 award to Equestrian Connection
• A $100,000 award to Family Network Right from the Start Program (Family Focus)
• A $105,000 award to Family Service: Prevention, Education and Counseling
• A $45,000 award to Family Service of Glencoe
• A $615,000 award to Friends for Health Support Lake County Health Clinic in HP
• A $100,000 award to Glenkirk Foundation (Nursing Care)
• An $85,000 award to Glenkirk Foundation (Opportunity)
• A $45,000 award to Great Lakes Adaptive Sports
• A $52,750 award to Healthy Highland Park
• A $15,000 award to Healthy Disability Advocates
• A $2,000 award to Infinity Foundation
• A $30,000 award to Jewish Council for Youth Services (Camp Star)
• A $25,000 award to Jewish Council for Youth Services (Child and Family Development Specialist)
• A $25,000 award to The Josselyn Center
• A $40,000 award to Keshet
• A $10,000 award to Leukemia Research Foundation
• A $3,000 award to Links
• A $62,500 award to Midwest Palliative & Hospice Care Center Programs
• A $62,500 award to Midwest Palliative Inpatient Care
• A $45,000 award to Moraine Township
• A $10,000 award to National Multiple Sclerosis
• A $5,000 award to New Foundation Center
• A $10,000 award to North Shore Senior Center Oasis Program
• A $70,000 award to North Shore Senior Center HOW Program
• A $4,000,000 award to NorthShore University HealthSystem Highland Park Hospital
• A $70,000 award to Pads Crisis Services, Inc.
• A $15,000 award to Southeast Lake County Faith in Action Volunteers
• A $20,000 award to Thresholds (New, Mental Health for HP area residents)
• A $40,000 award to UCAN
• A $10,000 award to URJ Olin Sang Ruby Union Institute (Nursing Care)
• A $45,000 award to West Deerfield Township
• A $10,000 award to Willow House
• A $10,000 award to YWCA of Lake County
• A $45,000 award to Zacharias Sexual Abuse Center
The Foundation was established in 2000 to support the healthcare mission of NorthShore Highland Park Hospital in its service area. Since its inception, the Foundation has awarded more than $78 million in grants to organizations promoting healthcare services and programs within the community. The Foundation’s trustees are all non-paid volunteers from Highland Park and Glencoe.
The Healthcare Foundation of Highland Park’s purpose is to ensure that NorthShore maintains its commitment to the Highland Park community by enhancing patient care services and supporting initiatives that benefit the community’s overall health. It carries on NorthShore Highland Park Hospital’s long tradition of promoting health-related community projects, which were previously supported by the Highland Park Hospital Foundation.
For more information on the Healthcare Foundation of Highland Park please visit www.hphealthfoundation.org.