No scoring as the Giants were unable to dent the scoreboard again, while the Scouts' second line gained some valuable playing time.
1:44 - Highland Park's Alan Ksiazek breaks the shutout with a TD reception and the Giants convert the two-point pass.
4:00 - Lake Forest junior Scott Powell turned a screen pass from Andrew Clifford into a 26-yard TD. Baylor Broughton converted the kick for a 41-0 advantage.
8:04 - The drive stall and Brought's field goal attempt was no good from 32 yards.
8:43 - Phil Sheridan rercovered a Highland Park fumble to give the Scouts a first down at the Giants 14-yard line following the kickoff. Andrew Clifford, who saw limited play in the first half, is in at quarterback for Lake Forest.
9:08 - Owen Williams breaks free for a 74-yard TD run to boost the score to 34-0 following Baylor Broughton's extra point. Williams has 181 yards on 11 carries.
Halftime Stats of Note
• Owen Williams has 107 first-half yards on 10 carries and two touchdowns. One one of those carries, he gained 70 yards for a TD.
• Jordan Beck hit 7 of 8 passes for 195 yards and 1 TD.
• Lake Forest's Baylor Broughton attempted a 35-yard field goal in the closing seconds of the first half, but it was blocked.
• The Scouts' Owen Williams gets his second TD on a 4-yard run with 1:45 left before halftime. Baylor Broughton's extra point was no good. The Scouts were flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct after the TD.
• A Jordan Beck pass to Matt Wagener has the Scouts first and goal at the Highland Park 6 with 2 minutes left.
• The Scouts had a Owen Williams TD called back due to a holding call. They still have the ball on their own 44 with less than 4 minutes until halftime.
• Lake Forest was unable to get the ball, but Highland Park gave it right back on a fumble recovered by the Scouts' Nick Keefe. On the very first offensive play, Jordan Beck dropped back and found Bo Dever with single coverage, hit him in stride and the senior took it in to cap a 62-yard pass play with less than 6 minutes before halftime.
• Scouts just intercepted with 9:58 left in the quarter by Tim Wilson. First and 10 at their own 22.
• Just inside the first minute of the second quarter, runningback Owen Williams breaks free on a 70-yard jaunt to boost the score to 140 with Baylor Broughton's extra point.
Under 3 minutes
• Lake Forest strikes first on a 37-yard reverse by Luke Berrnardi 11 minutes before kick-off. Baylor Broughton converted the extra point.
• Lake Forest got the ball after stopping Highland Park inside their own 15 after the Giants took the opening kick-of and ate up more than 6 minutes off the clock.
• Owen Williams aided the scoring drive with a long yardage burst.
The weather is a little sticky but the sun is down now and that should help. The sophomores got the night off to a good start, winning 58-0. Pretty good crowd for a holiday weekend.
If you have a chance, get over here to look at the Images of Excellence on the brick wall facing Varsity Field. Looks awesome.