Each week, Leslie Lewis brings her assortment of prepackaged, natural food to farmers markets throughout the Chicago suburbs. She's in Libertyville one day, Evanston another.
On Wednesdays, you can find her in , along with 13 other vendors for .
"I love the area," Lewis said about Highland Park. "The demographics are good, the people here are educated, health conscious and they know what they're looking for."
In addition to fresh fruits and vegetables, market customers can also find crepes made on-site, get their knives sharpened, buy fresh flowers or check out some specialty artisanal cheeses.
"There's a quaintness about the Ravinia Farmers' Market," Lewis said. "A lot of regulars come back every week."
Those regulars include Highland Park resident and , who was picking out fresh peppers from K&K Farms one Wednesday this summer.
"We wouldn't miss it," said Lidawer, who was with her son, Ari Rubin.
Though Lidawer has a garden of her own filled with fresh produce, she likes to swing by the 34-year-old market to find what she's not growing at home. The market begins at 7 a.m. each Wednesday and lasts until 1 p.m.
"We're just a bunch of hardworking people," Lewis said.
Check out the list below to see who's bringing what to the Ravinia Farmers' Market each week, then click through the photo gallery above to see how Jens Jensen Park transforms each week.
- K& K Farm: Fresh Hand Picked Michigan Fruit
- Gourmet Garden, Inc: Prepackaged Natural, Clean, Healthy Foods and Snacks
- Red Barn Farm Market: Fresh, homegrown vegetables, Mirai Corn, Specialty Melons
- White Star Foods: Specialty Artisanal Wisconsin Cheese, Fresh Baked Scones, Pasta Sauces, Soups, Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
- Oosterhof and Sons Flowers: Fresh Cut Flowers, Bouquets and Bedding Plants
- Geneva Lakes Farm: Fresh Vegetables and Herbs
- Klug Orchards: Organic Fruits and Vegetables
- High Rise Bakery: Freshly baked breads, muffins and cookies
- Sister of ST Roger Abbey: French Gourmet Patisseries
- The Cheese People: Specialty cheese’s that are amazing
- Sutherland Knife Sharpening: Knifes, Tool and Blade Sharpening
- Taste Marketing: Organic Sustainable Natural Products
- Windy City Whoopie Pie Company: Whoopie Pies, Fresh Baked Pies, Plants and Orchids
- Leider’s Local Honey: Local Raw Honey, Creamed Honey, Comb Honey, Honey Mustard, Bee Pollen, Beeswax Candles and Lip Balm.