Others shared the misery of the cold. Several school districts canceled classes for today and tomorrow. What about your work? Do you have to go in no matter what? Or are you "calling in sick"?
Here are what some Patch Facebook readers throughout the region had to say about this frigid bone-chilling cold:
- Randi H. - Did not go in. Sent an E-mail last night which no one has answered because I think no one actually came in. Who knows. Don't care. They should have closed down our office in Skokie by email to everyone and said it is a snow Cold day.
- David K. - Our office was closed today, maybe tomorrow
- Greg S. - Glad I took the day off. Work at O'Hare
- Kristin G - Working at home...thank heavens. Almost had to go in. Internet was down in the Northmoor/south park area for a couple hours early this am.
- Michael Glaskin-Clay Hwy
83 was perfectly fine this morning. The road crews should be commended
for their hard work. I arrived to work at normal time, the clinic is
open as usual and clients this morning have arrived as scheduled without
fuss or delay.
- Cher M. - Metra trains canceled like crazy. Gave up after an hour. It's too cold to be out at all.
- Cathy R. - Heard buses and trains were delayed all over due to the weather. Much smarter to just call it a snow day.
- Christine L. - It was a lonely, cold El platform.
- Shannon D - Beyond freezing
- Sarah P - Been out shoveling--it's really bad.
- Jason C - Eyes started freezing
- Jason C - But manageable
- Molly C - I put my hand on the brass handle of our screen door and it burned.
- Lorrie M - Wasn't so bad, no traffic too!
- Jennifer W - I was ok at Howard as long as I was able to stay out of the wind.